In this episode of China Money Podcast, guest Jack Perkowski, founder and managing partner at JFP Holdings, discusses his views on China’s economy in the Year of the Dragon, where he sees great investment opportunities and key challenges facing China for the long term.
Listen to the full interview in the audio podcast, watch the shortened video version or read a topic list.
– Chinese government has great monetary and fiscal resources to achieve a soft-landing
"China needs to grow at somewhere between 7 to 9 percent (annually) to have an economy to absorb all of the new workers every year…so we are quite optimistic that china will continue on that growth path."
– Jack Perkowski
– Property market and its potential downturn is not a threat to China’s overall economy
– Chinese stock market may swing upward along with loosening monetary policy
– In five years and beyond, the Renminbi will become fully convertible
– Great investment opportunities exist in energy efficiency and environmental technologies, health care and the financial services
About Jack Perkowski:
Jack Perkowski is the founder and managing partner at China-focused merchant bank JFP Holdings. Acclaimed as Mr. China, Mr. Perkowski came to China in the early 1990s and founded ASIMCO, one of the largest auto components companies in China. That journey is captured in his book: Managing the Dragon: How I’m Building a Billion Dollar Business in China.