Latest landscape identifies key development on social media and a unique insight on the future of e-commerce in China
SHANGHAI, Aug. 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — Today Kantar Media CIC, China’s leading social business intelligence provider, launched the "China Social Media Landscape 2016" in Shanghai with over 150 international brand and industry elites. Kantar Media CIC has published this annual update on trends in the China social landscape since 2008, to provide a comprehensive analysis for brands on innovation in social media platforms and audiences.
Michael Toedman, the new CEO of Kantar Media CIC, and Sam Flemming, Founder and Chairman, opened the event and reinforced Kantar Media CIC’s commitment to be the leading social business intelligence provider in China.
Toedman said, "Social media in China dominates the media landscape in engagement, trust, and increasingly influence in e-commerce, which is why leading brands recognize the considerable business value of social media insight and trends. And as the pioneer in social media analysis, Kantar Media CIC continues to lead the market to extract accurate intelligence from big data of social media, to drive business and effective marketing decisions."
Linda Xu, Head of Research and Consulting, presented the 2016 landscape to over 150 delegates and discussed the developments of social media in China while also emphasising the future of e-commerce in China. Key developments from the 2016 report are:
- Baidu, Alibaba, Tencent and Sina (AKA "BATS") are the core of China’s social and digital landscape, and have grown ever more powerful as they are at the heart of making the Chinese internet VIRAL, INFORMATIVE and PRACTICAL (VIP).
- Chinese e-commerce is integrating more social features and consequently improving consumers’ shopping experiences as well as creating desires for new products purchasing.
- Video websites and apps from various brands are continuing to emerge in the market, thus reaching several different target groups.
- Ask Me Anything sites (AMA) like Fenda and Zhihu Live are going through a renaissance in China and are becoming increasingly popular among KOLs
- Wang Hong (cyberstar) has become a newcomer in the KOL landscape and is a powerful online influencer. The celebrity economy has started to grow explosively.
Sam Flemming added, "For eight years running, Kantar Media CIC has launched the China Social Media Landscape to help clients track the unique, fragmented and dynamic world of social media. We are very proud of how this iconic presentation has become a key tool for us to help our clients not only navigate but also make sense of China social media."
To find out more about the China Social Media Landscape 2016 visit: http://www.cicdata.com/landscape
About Kantar Media
Kantar Media is a global leader in media intelligence, providing clients with the data they need to make informed decisions on all aspects of media measurement, monitoring and selection. Part of Kantar, the data investment management arm of WPP, Kantar Media provides the most comprehensive and accurate intelligence on media consumption, performance and value.
Asia-Pacific branch Kantar Media CIC is China’s and the APAC region’ leading social and digital business intelligence provider. Powered by proprietary technology, the experts from Kantar Media CIC enable enterprises to fully leverage the power of social media and other Internet based big data intelligence across the organization. Since 2004, Kantar Media CIC has pioneered social technology, research and consulting. Founded as CIC, it was acquired by WPP’s Kantar Media in 2012.
Kantar Media CIC PR contact: