SINGAPORE, Nov. 7, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The sixth edition of the Singapore FinTech Festival (SFF) kicks off from 8 to 12 November. As the world's largest FinTech event, this platform provides a unique opportunity for the global FinTech, innovation and business communities to connect, collaborate and network.
The week-long SFF will feature more than 350 sessions, over 700 speakers, over 260 exhibitors, and 14 international pavilions. The event will be streamed 'live' to over 60,000 participants, including representation from more than 7,000 companies, government agencies, educational institutions and organisations from over 130 countries.
The theme for SFF 2021 is "Web 3.0 and its impact on financial services". Web 3.0 involves the use of distributed ledger technology that will drive new decentralised infrastructures and business models in the digital economy. There is great potential to harness Web 3.0 for more efficient financial intermediation, and advance key objectives like sustainability and financial inclusion. During the conference, global thought leaders will share their views on how Web 3.0 will shape new business models, and present new opportunities for building a sustainable future in financial services and the digital economy.
Certification in Web 3.0
SFF 2021 will also see the launch of a global knowledge initiative to support learning, development and upskilling of SFF participants in Web 3.0. Participants will have an opportunity to acquire a comprehensive understanding of Web 3.0 concepts, gain extensive insights from over 100 industry experts from around the world, and be eligible to earn a digital Web 3.0 Knowledge Certificate in Financial Services issued by The Asian Institute of Digital Finance in partnership with the National University of Singapore.
An Ecosystem of Events & Learning
SFF 2021 will feature a large and diverse array of events, initiatives, experiential sessions and activities. These include:
- OXYGEN by APIX, a curated knowledge and upskilling platform containing masterclasses, panels, podcasts and research content from industry experts. OXYGEN by APIX has put together 18 masterclasses at the SFF ranging from topics such as the Future of Financial Infrastructure, ESG & Sustainable Finance to Women's Economy and Female Leaders.
- Industry Awards and Competitions, which include:
- Global FinTech Awards, which is based on the theme 'Emerging from a pandemic, the road to recovery";
- Global FinTech Hackcelerator, focusing on Green Finance and the role of Green FinTechs in the ecosystem;
- Global Veritas Challenge, focusing on codifying Responsible AI; and
- Global CBDC Challenge, which will showcase innovative retail CBDC solutions to enhance payment efficiencies and promote financial inclusion
- SME Day, where SME leaders and academics share their thoughts and experiences on building strong and resilient businesses for the future. Key discussion themes include how SMEs can succeed with essential digital tools, e-payments, tapping on e-commerce platforms and next level digital and innovative processes. SME Day participants are eligible to receive a Digital Certificate of Knowledge.
- On 11 and 12 November, SFF will expand into the World FinTech Festival, which will encompass 11 events taking place in FinTech hubs around the world, from Sydney to the US to the Nordics, all of which may be accessed online with an SFF pass.
- Participants may also join various affiliate events taking place throughout the week, such as the Innovation Lab Crawl with 22 participating Innovation Labs in Singapore, each showcasing their new FinTech innovations, and the Credit Suisse ASEAN FinTech Day where new opportunities in FinTech will be shared.
The SFF offers an unrivalled opportunity to network with the industry, including with more than 3,500 companies and a stellar speaker line-up that includes:
- Dr Ben Goertzel, Chief Executive Officer & Founder, SingularityNET Foundation
- Chuck Robbins, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Cisco
- Dan Schulman, President & Chief Executive Officer, PayPal
- David Patterson, Distinguished Software Engineer, Google
- Marc Benioff, CEO, Salesforce.com
- Sam Bankman-Fried, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, FTX
- Mike Shinoda, Musician & Co-Founder, Linkin Park
Financial Sector and Corporate Leaders
- Anne Richards, Chief Executive Officer of Fidelity International
- Ben Horowitz, Co-Founder & General Partner, Andreessen Horowitz
- Dieter Vranckx, Chief Executive Officer, Swiss International Air Lines
- Kevin O'Leary, Chairman, O'Leary Ventures, O'Leary Financial Group
- Mathieu Chabran, Co-Founder, Tikehau Capital
- Michael Miebach, Chief Executive Officer, Mastercard
- Mike Wells, Group Chief Executive, Prudential
- Sabrina Yijie Peng, President of Social Good and Green Development, Ant Group
- Stephen Bird, Chief Executive Officer, abrdn plc
Policy Makers and Academics
- Heng Swee Keat, Deputy Prime Minister & Coordinating Minister for Economic Policies, Republic of Singapore
- Dr Sri Mulyani Indrawati, Minister of Finance, Republic of Indonesia
- Ueli Maurer, Federal Councillor (Switzerland's Minister of Finance), Head of the Federal Department of Finance FDF
- Agustín Carstens, General Manager, Bank for International Settlements
- François Villeroy, Governor, Banque de France
- Ignazio Visco, Governor, Bank of Italy
- Perry Warijyo, Governor, Bank Indonesia
- Patrick Njoroge, Governor, Central Bank of Kenya
Mr Sopnendu Mohanty, Chief FinTech Officer of the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), said, "This year, SFF has taken an unconventional approach in bringing a diverse set of changemakers to our Web 3.0 agenda. As a result, new stakeholders will shape this year's SFF discussions, alongside impact-makers from central banks, policymakers and finance professionals. Further, as part of our inclusion efforts, we are democratising the unique and valuable content into a signature knowledge certification programme and a special SME day with an upskilling programme."
Find out more about the SFF, register for a digital pass and enrol for the Web 3.0 Knowledge Certificate in Financial Services at www.fintechfestival.sg.
SFF is organised by MAS and Elevandi, in partnership with The Association of Banks in Singapore and in collaboration with Constellar Holdings.
PR Newswire is the Supporting Media Partner of Singapore FinTech Festival 2021.
About the Singapore FinTech Festival
Singapore will host two marquee events for the global innovation community from 8 to 12 November 2021 – the Singapore FinTech Festival (SFF) and Singapore Week of Innovation and TeCHnology (SWITCH). SFF is the world's largest FinTech event and a global platform for the FinTech community comprising FinTech players, technopreneurs, policy makers, financial industry leaders, investors including private equity players and venture capitalists, and academics. In 2020, SFF and SWITCH saw 60,000 participants from over 160 countries with more than 2,000 speakers, over 1,300 exhibitors, 27 international pavilions, and 45 satellite events hosted by partner cities across the world during the 5-day round-the-clock event. The SFF is organised by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and Elevandi in partnership with The Association of Banks in Singapore and in collaboration with Constellar Holdings. Find out more about SFF, the largest and most impactful gathering of FinTech professionals in the world, and SWITCH, Asia's leading tech festival at www.fintechfestival.sg and www.switchsg.org.
About the Monetary Authority of Singapore
The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) is Singapore's central bank and integrated financial regulator. As a central bank, MAS promotes sustained, non-inflationary economic growth through the conduct of monetary policy and close macroeconomic surveillance and analysis. It manages Singapore's exchange rate, official foreign reserves, and liquidity in the banking sector. As an integrated financial supervisor, MAS fosters a sound financial services sector through its prudential oversight of all financial institutions in Singapore – banks, insurers, capital market intermediaries, financial advisors and financial market infrastructure. It is also responsible for well-functioning financial markets, sound conduct, and investor education. MAS also works with the financial industry to promote Singapore as a dynamic international financial centre. It facilitates the development of infrastructures, adoption of technology, and upgrading of skills in the financial industry.
Elevandi, which means 'to lift or raise up' is building a global knowledge and collaboration platform aimed at bringing together the global financial and FinTech communities to address pain points in the financial system, and harness financial technology and innovation to improve the lives of individuals, economies and societies. To drive its next phase of growth, Elevandi is expanding its activities beyond the SFF to a broader range of engagements to drive collaboration in the global FinTech community. These include:
- Green Shoots Series, monthly meetups for the global FinTech community to discuss critical topics trending in FinTech and the digital economy;
- Deal Fridays, monthly events between investors and start-ups to drive deal-making opportunities;
- Oxygen by APIX, an upskilling platform for financial institutions, FinTechs and tech enthusiasts with carefully curated masterclasses, panels, podcasts and research content from industry experts dedicated to promoting worldwide knowledge sharing;
- Elevandi Forum, purpose-driven roundtables aimed at bringing the public and private sectors together to advance developments and issues within the FinTech industry;
- Elevandi FinTech Insider Report, an annual report on digital advancements for the global FinTech industry.
About The Association of Banks in Singapore
The Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS) plays an active role in promoting and representing the interests of the banking community in Singapore. In doing so, ABS works closely with the relevant government authorities towards the development of a sound financial system in Singapore. Since its establishment in 1973, ABS has promoted common understanding among its members and projected a unifying voice on banking issues. It has brought its members closer together through various guidelines and banking practices as well as the support of projects of mutual benefit to face the challenges of the financial and banking community in Singapore. Today, ABS has a membership of 154 local and foreign banks. More information on ABS is available on the website: www.abs.org.sg.
About Constellar Holdings Pte Ltd
The Singapore FinTech Festival is supported by Constellar Holdings. Constellar Holdings connects a global eco-system of event partners and consumers through a holistic portfolio of intellectual property (IP) in the Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions (MICE) industry.
As Asia's partner of reference for curating innovative event and venue experiences, Constellar activates impactful networks to bring global markets, businesses and consumers together for sustainable growth. With our expertise and dedication, we are invested in helping you build trusted relationships with stakeholders for the long term and enabling cross-industry collaboration through world-class audience engagement solutions.
Constellar is headquartered in Singapore. Founded in 2021, it brings together decades of experience with an intrepid team of experience specialists around the world. Visit www.constellar.co for more information.