SINGAPORE, Oct. 4, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Technology is changing the way we live, work and learn and it is having a profound impact on how we teach, where we teach and what we teach. EduTECH Asia will address issues across the education spectrum — from early childhood & preschool, to K-12, tertiary education and special education, bringing together more than 3,000 senior K-12 and tertiary leaders, policymakers and technologists from over 30 Asian and global education markets. Featuring an in-depth conference and technology exhibition, the event taking place from 9-10 October will discuss and debate the profound impact of technology in education, focusing on the importance of learning spaces and how they will reshape the future of learning.
"As the biggest education conference in the region, EduTECH Asia will address the issues that educators need to focus on to make Asia a leader in preparing students for the future workplace. The conference addresses how Asia can cope with the rapid pace of tech transformation, working towards a common goal of developing platforms that suit the demands of the future," said Ms. Sharon Roessen, Managing Director of Terrapinn Pte Ltd, organizer of EduTECH Asia.
In 2018, we introduce 3 distinguished keynotes
- The Learning Explorer, Alex Beard who will touch on the future of learning and how to adapt.
- The Pedagogy Innovator, Ken Montgomery who will look at how new pedagogies like design thinking and problem solving can transform tomorrow’s workplaces
- The Learning Space Champion, Pramod Tripathi who looks at nextgen learning spaces and how it impacts student learning
Other notable speakers include:
- Adrian Lim, Director (Digital Literacy and Participation, Digital Readiness Cluster), Info-communications Media Development Authority (IMDA)
- Mitchel Resnick, LEGO Papert Professor of Learning Research and Lifelong Kindergarten, MIT Media Lab
- Kynan Robinson, CEO, NoTosh Inc.
- Lucy Crehan, International Education Consultant and Researcher, United Kingdom
- James Waldron, Principal, EtonHouse International School, Suzhou
- Penny Robertson, Founder, AIS Indonesia
- Dr. Jane Ching-Kwan, Director, Shool4kidzs, Singapore
- Adam Cole, Head of The Bradbury Club, Head of Science, Sacred Heart College, Australia
- Venka Purushothaman, Vice-President (Academic) & Provost, LASALLE College of the Arts, Singapore
- Brett Salakas, Educator MYP, MLC Sydney, Founder #aussieED and WorldSTEM
- Mike Gilmour, Deputy Principal, GEMS World Academy, Singapore
- Jeanette Buckley , Head of Junior School, The Winstedt School, Singapore
Addressing the needs of learners today, the three-day exhibition and conference supported by Singapore’s Info-communications Media Development Authority ("IMDA") and the Employment and Employability Institute ("e2i"), will host a variety of workshops, presentations and panel discussions, alongside over 80 exhibitors who will be sharing their latest technologies in the industry.
"As we enter Industry 4.0 and our economy becomes increasingly digitalised, the speed at which new technologies are developed is exponential. The half-life of skills is becoming shorter and learning must go above and beyond the walls of a classroom – it can now happen on-the-go, delivered bite-sized on mobile platforms, or carried out with the help of AI. e2i is pleased to support EduTECH Asia as they work with partners to bring up the technological capabilities of the education sector, working towards Education 4.0 and changing the game of learning," commented Mr. Gilbert Tan, CEO of e2i.
"We are proud to collaborate with international thought leaders and exhibitors with the latest technologies in the education sector. With the future of learning being so closely intertwined with technology, we look forward to seeing how these ideas can be brought to life," added Ms. Sharon Roessen, Managing Director, Terrapinn Pte Ltd.
This year’s EduTECH Asia will be the first to include an interactive Robotics Zone and Entrepreneurship Village and will run a hackathon for students, challenging young minds as they tackle education issues of today, stretching the limits of their creativity. The winning teams will get to present their ideas to senior educators on the second day of the conference.
From digital learning apps to open-source learning platforms, exhibitors at EduTECH Asia include Lenovo, Wacom, D2L, Moodle, Reactor, Me3D, Janison Pty Limited and more. Attendees will benefit in hearing from exhibitors and industry experts on the latest in teaching strategies and cutting-edge technologies.
The event will take place at Singapore’s Suntec Convention & Exhibition Centre from 9-10 October. For more information, please visit http://bit.ly/2QckjJ7
PRNewswire is the Official News Distribution Partner at EduTECH Asia 2018.
Registration for the free expo pass can be done: http://bit.ly/2QckjJ7
Terrapinn events inspire and transform business.
We’ve been sparking ideas, innovations and relationships that transform business for over 30 years. Using our global footprint, we bring innovators, disrupters and change agents together. Discussing and demonstrating the technology, strategies and personalities that are changing the way the world does business.
Whether you’re looking to make new connections, introduce product or inspire change in your industry, we invite you to join us as agitators of change.
Terrapinn — spark something.
e2i (Employment and Employability Institute) is the empowering network for individuals and companies seeking skills and solutions for growth. Since 2008, e2i has assisted more than 600,000 individuals through our career guidance, professional development, and job matching services. With an extensive network of partners, e2i offers hiring, training and productivity solutions to businesses. We are an initiative of the National Trades Union Congress (NTUC) to support nation-wide manpower and skills upgrading initiatives. For more information, please visit http://www.e2i.com.sg.
Note: Press registration for the conference is compulsory and advance scheduling for speaker/sponsor interviews is recommended. Final issuance of press passes is subjected to Terrapinn’s discretion. For your press pass, please contact the following:
Related Links :