Ping An Insurance Raises $4.75B In Hong Kong’s Largest Private Placement Deal


Shenzhen-based Ping An Insurance Group Co of China Ltd., the country’s second-largest insurer, has raised HK$36.8 billion (US$4.75 billion) in a private placement of its H-shares in one of the largest share offerings in Hong Kong this year, according to a regulatory filing.

Ping An Insurance issued 594.056 million new H-shares at HK$62 per share to between six and 10 unnamed investors.

The price represents a premium of 1.27% to the average share price of HK$61.22 apiece during the last 20 consecutive trading days before the issuance, and a discount of around 4.7% to last Friday’s closing price of HK$65.05.

The newly issued shares account for about 7.5% of the insurer’s total existing share capital, and nearly 19% of its H share capital, according to the filing.

Around 43.76% of the companies’ shares are H-shares listed in Hong Kong, while the remaining 56.24% are A-shares listed in Mainland China.

Ping An Insurance says it plans to use the proceeds to fund its business development, as well as to replenish its equity and working capital.

 

RELATED NEWS



LEAVE A REPLY