In this episode of China Money Podcast, guest He Weiwen discusses:
– People’s Bank of China raises key interest rates by 25 bps: Will this stifle inflation?
– Temasek sells stakes in two major Chinese banks: Are more major investors to sell?
– US and China to hold talks on China-based auditing firms: Will this help prevent future scandals?
– WTO rules on raw industrial material trade dispute: Will a complain on Rare Earths to follow?
– Oil leak in Bohai Bay announced one month after the leak took place: Why wasn’t an earlier disclosure on a major environmental disaster made?
About He Weiwen:
He Weiwen is co-director at the Study Center for China-US/EU. He is also an adjunct professor at Southwestern University of Finance and Economics. From 1997 to 2003, he was Economic and Commercial Counselor at the Chinese Consulate General in New York and San Francisco.