In this episode of China Money Podcast, guest Gabriel Yap, executive chairman of GCP Global, discuss:
– Total assets of China’s venture capital industry up 50% last year: Where can investors find attractive returns?
– Shenzhen Stock Exchange to launch an ETF for its growth enterprise board: Other new products to follow?
– KKR to invest in water treatment firm United Environtech: A fantastic deal, or is it?
– China’s Ministry of Finance to issue RMB 20 billion dim sum bonds in Hong Kong: It is the largest to date, but for how long?
– Sixty percent of China’s outbound investment in the mining sector is unsuccessful: How can Chinese companies improve their record?
– China plans to launch its own version of the 401K plans: A good move, but what should it look like?
About Gabriel Yap:
Gabriel Yap is executive chairman of GCP Global, a Singapore-based investment firm, which is an anchor investor in several Chinese IPOs including Sun Art Retail Group. He previously worked at brokerage firms.