In this episode of China Money Podcast, guest and Chinese law blogger Stan Abrams discusses:
– What is VIE and why do investors use them in China?
– Alibaba Group’s transfer of key asset without consent of shareholders including Yahoo: Is this a wake-up call for investors?
– What should investor do post the Alibaba-Yahoo dispute: Can risks be managed?
– Tudou Holdings’ pre-IPO nightmare: What lessons should investor learn?
– Finally, is there a way to get around VIE?
About Stan Abrams:
Stan Abrams is a Beijing-based lawyer with focuses on technology, intellectual property and Internet-related law issues. Mr. Abrams has extensive experience in foreign direct investment in China, having worked here for over 12 years. He also teaches law at Beijing’s Central University of Finance and Economics. He authors blog China Hearsay.