In this episode of China Money Podcast, hear special speaker Dr. Murtaza Syed, International Monetary Fund (IMF)’s deputy chief representative in China, the deputy chief representative of the International Monetary Fund in China, talk about the following topics:
– Economic outlook for China and the global economy
– The causes of China’s property market bubble
– How should China respond if there is another global crisis
– Is China’s informal financial market, or the so-called shadow banking sector, a threat to China’s economy?
– How should the Chinese government reform RMB’s exchange rate?
About Murtaza Syed:
Murtaza Syed is IMF’s deputy chief representative in China. With a Ph.D. in Economics from Oxford University, he worked as Research Economist at the Institute for Fiscal Studies in London, Senior Policy Analyst at Human Development Center in Islamabad, and taught at Oxford before joining IMF.